Understanding Autism Training
Taking time to understand the Autistic spectrum can benefit a range of people. Everyone from social care workers, school workers, support teams and family members can benefit from our course. Not only will it give you an insight into the spectrum, but it will hopefully give you the tools to better communicate with those who have Autism.
What will the course cover?
Our course will cover a range of topics, all of which are open for discussion and we actively encourage you to question:
- What is autism?
- How do we go about including people with autism?
- Strategies for Facilitating Communication
- Supports and Accommodations for Sensory Sensitivities
- Developing Friendships and Peer Support
What are the learning objectives?
- Increased confidence regarding including people with autism
- Access to a wider range of practical strategies to impact on communication and behaviour issues
- Deeper understanding of core values surrounding inclusion
- New skills and processes to strengthen the inclusion of people with autism
To view the full list of course content or to speak to us about arranging a training day with your team, get in touch via our website to find out more.