Anxiety – understanding and including children and young people
In this practical workshop session we will explore ways of including young people of all ages who experience anxiety some of whom may well be on the autism spectrum. The session will be values based and practical and will aim to allow the sharing of experiences and good practice as well as promoting innovative approaches to inclusion through the design of best practice.
Autism and Communication
Parents and Carers
Behaviour and Relationships
Meeting emotional needs
In this practical workshop session we will explore ways of including anxious children in mainstream schools and settings. The session will be values based and practical and will aim to allow the sharing of experiences and good practice as well as promoting innovative approaches to inclusion through the design of best practice.
Family perspectives and experiences will also be explored. This is not a ‘medical model’ day on anxiety.
‘Really gave me an idea of how people feel and helped me think how to plan to meet their needs.’
‘Really useful insights’
- Increased confidence and understanding regarding including anxious children
- Access to a wider range of practical strategies to impact on anxiety
- Deeper understanding of core values surrounding inclusion
- New skills and processes to strengthen the inclusion of anxious children
- Insights and understanding of sensory sensitivities
- Understanding increased in area of movement differences
Who Is It For?
- Personal Assistants
- Heads and deputies
- Guidance staff
- Learning support teams
- Primary and secondary teachers
- Brothers and sisters
- Local authority support services
- Community workers and carers
The course answers the questions :
- What is anxiety?
- How do we go about including anxious children?
- Can we understand more deeply what is going on underneath concerning behaviours?
Key themes include:
- Movement differences
- Supports and Accommodations for Sensory Sensitivities
- Developing Friendships and Peer Support
- Learning to Listen
If you liked this course you may well like:
Trackback from your site.