Chairing EHCP Meetings – 2 day training
Chairing EHCP Meetings
Nottinghamshire Assessment Officers reflect on the benefits of Inclusive Solutions training on Chairing meetings that matter.
We aimed to develop the following skills:
• Understanding and skills to manage a meeting agenda in a timely manner (including skills to manage multiple agendas, attempts to derail etc.)
• Understanding and skills to manage the emotional complexity of direct and indirect power use within a meeting and/or room.
• Understanding of emotional intelligence and self-awareness, and techniques to manage own emotions in a range of complex emotional scenarios.
• Techniques to constructively and supportively manage others in a range of complex emotional scenarios.
• Gain key phrases, key questions and key techniques to form a tool kit.
• Understand different styles of communication, when and how to apply and use in a range of situation /scenarios with complex dynamics
• Understanding and skills of using dynamics and environment to manage a meeting agenda
• Skill to incorporate others agendas into a meeting where possible as well as understanding when this is not possible and coping strategies should this arise.