Hear some of the wonderful words about our recent Understanding Emotional Needs of Boys webinar. Now available as a course on Teachable
Access all courses for only
£90 £27.60 per month. Offer available until the end of November. Enrol now or miss this offer. Stay as long as you wish.
Colin Newton, Elliot Newton, Marnie Aston, Jo Mitchell and Claire Darwin are hosting ‘Building Strength and Wellbeing’ webinars for schools across Jersey having to face work again after the COVID-19 crisis. Focusing on strengths they already have and planning for a hopeful future.
International School Counsellors association
have some great wellbeing resources
– *Something Bad Happened: A Kid’s Guide to Coping with events in the
Dawn Huebner -Ages 6-12. How to process different world events.
– *What To Do When You’re Scared & Worried: A Guide for Kids
James J Crist -Ages 9-13. A help guide to processing fears and worries.
Here are a few thoughts on the induction of PAs who have complex communication systems and may also have different ways of learning and relating to others.
- Make sure expectations and tasks very clear
- Establish clear goals
- Clarify personal and professional boundaries from the start
- Allow PA to meet wider team members including involved therapists
- Clarify house rules
- Identify training needs
- Establish back up plan if PA not available
- Work on how PA with be involved as a ‘Communication Partner’ with young person – teaching them relevant communication skills and process
‘I just wanted to say a massive thank you for the training today. I absolutely loved it!! We are in a time of transition at Rowan. Trying to make things better and I know that this process will help us on our way.’ – Vicky Woodrow, Headteacher at The Rowan Centre