Parent Solutions Circle
In this course we explore how we have attempted to build inclusive circles of support around individuals and contrast this with a radical approach to problem solving with parents – the Parent Solutions Circle. Parent Solutions is a brand new approach to problem solving with parents based on our live group work in schools. A focus on challenging behaviour brings interest, energy and commitment.
Parents and Carers
Behaviour and relationships
In this course we explore how we have attempted to build inclusive circles of support around individuals and contrast this with a radical approach to problem solving with parents – the Parent Solutions Circle
Parent Solutions is a brand new approach to problem solving with parents based on our live group work in schools. A focus on challenging behaviour brings interest, energy and commitment.
Essentially the approach involves gathering a group of parents and carers together who recognise how challenging their own children are and would like some help to figure out how to be with them or how to manage an aspect of their behaviour. The process is facilitated but majors on the parents offering each other their wisdom and ideas. The directness that only peers can provide to each other makes the work both powerful and effective.
Mobilising the wisdom and experiences of parents in a safe way is a delicate art. In this training we will explore how this can best be done.
Parents who have been on all the courses and had all the professional advice in world love this way of working because they get to offer each other their experience, ideas and wisdom.
The approach is capacity focused, person centred approach to working with parents rather than the dominant deficit oriented and ‘medical model’ of viewing and planning for parents. We work with rather than do things to a group of parents.
This training can be modelled with a group of parents or can be demonstrated with a group of professionals. We prefer mixed groups.
- For participants to learn how to set up a Parent Solutions Circle
- For participants to understand the underlying rationale and ethos of this way of working
- To learn the facilitation process and stages of the Circle process
Who Is It For?
- Anyone interested in working with parents and carers in a way that builds and makes use of their capacities rather than focus on their challenges and difficulties.
- School leaders and managers
- Social Care teams
- Community organisers
- True parent empowerment
- Facilitating groups
- Problem solving process
- Handling group communication
- Allowing direct feedback and challenge between participants in a safe way
- Building relationships
- Creating natural circles of support that can provide peer support and mutual problem solving
If you liked this course you may well like:
Trackback from your site.