Full, in-depth video training guide on how to set up and facilitate a Peer Mediation program in your school or educational setting.
Hosted by Colin Newton and Derek Wilson, co-founders of Inclusive Solutions, this step by step guide gives you the tools to implement this powerful approach to peer support and problem solving in an engaging and comprehensive way. It includes the theoretical background to the approach, as well as practical advice around how to teach it to young people, including footage of live Peer Mediation training sessions in a primary school. Peer mediation or peer counselling is an approach to impacting on bullying in primary and secondary schools by training pupils to be ‘Peer Mediators’ or ‘counsellors’.
This well proven, highly effective method of impacting on school based bullying is still viewed by some as radical. Children and young people will benefit by learning about:
- Issues of Confidentiality
- Welcoming your ‘client’
- Using active listening skills
- Using Open and Closed Questions to enable your client to tell you his or her story
- How to reflect back feelings and how to check you have understood what the client has told you
- Exploring options for resolving the bullying issue with your client
‘This is the best quality video on this subject that exists right now’: Educational Psychologist, 2020